Signaturit is a solution that facilitates making advanced electronic signatures from any device and with full security and legal validity, thus complying with the regulations of the European Union (Directive 1999/93/EC and Regulation 910/2014), and of the United States (E-SIGN and UETA Acts).
This post is also available in Spanish.
Basic definitions according to Regulation 910/2014
The main definitions provided in the new Regulation 910/2014 of the European Union, that enhances and expands the former Directive 1999/93/EC, are:
- Electronic Signature: the “electronic signature” is simply data in electronic form which is attached to or logically associated with other electronic data and which serves as a method of authentication.
- Advanced Electronic Signature: in the new Regulation 9/10/2014, Article 26, the definition of the advanced electronic signature is: an electronic signature that meets the following requirements:
- it is uniquely linked to the signatory.
- it is capable of identifying the signatory.
- it is created using electronic signature creation data that the signatory can, with a high level of confidence, use under his/her sole control.
- it is linked to the data signed therewith in such a way that any subsequent change in the data is detectable.
The new regulation on electronic signatures seeks to build trust in the online environment and strengthen the security of electronic transactions. For this reason, the electronic signature solutions are also conditioned by other legislations on matters such as the protection of personal data, Directive 95/46/EC, and like the protection of the rights of consumers, Directive 2011/83/EU.
That is why at Signaturit:
- We ensure the integrity of the evidence generated during the signing process and the privacy of information.
- All data transmitted through our platform is encrypted with a public and private key.
- We do not store any advanced electronic signatures. They are uniquely created for each document.
What does integrity mean in this case?
Integrity means that electronic evidence generated during the signing process performed by Signaturit can not be changed retrospectively.
Electronic evidence includes the following set of data:
- the name and email address of the signer
- a unique identifier given to the document automatically
- the IP address from the device from which the signature is made
- the device type
- the location and the exact time when the signature was made
Why is Signaturit legal?
Because our advanced electronic signature solution meets all legal requirements defined by both the European legislation and the US law.
Signaturit's advanced e-Signature system meets all the required points related below:
- It can identify the signer in a unique way, providing biometric data from his/her graph, his/her location, device from which the signature was made and even, if necessary, capture his/her image or voice.
- It detects any changes made to the signed document by providing a system of public / private keys for both the signed document and the audit trail. All documentation generated is encrypted and its data integrity is guaranteed anytime thanks to the Time Stamping Authority.
- It links the documentation generated with the signer and his/her data by a unique identifier. This identifier is associated with the document signed and documentary evidence.
- The signature is generated by means that are under the control of the signer, it is done directly from the signer's device and it can only be accessed through his/her private account.
In addition, the solution we provide is audited and has an expert opinion issued by Auren Servicios TIC, SL.
What kind of business should be using electronic signatures?
Any companies, of any size, which are carrying out their digitization process. Gradually, paper is disappearing from all organizations. Regardless of sector or department, any interaction between a worker and a customer, supplier, partner, or employee, in which there is a physical document can be transformed into a digital experience.
Examples of industries/sectors and departments in which the advanced electronic signature solution that we offer can be used to sign any contracts or agreements:
|INDUSTRIES / SECTORS||DEPARTMENTS|
If you want to try Signaturit, you can do it for free for 14 days. If you need more information, you can download the whitepaper posted below or contact us at +34 935 511 480.
This post is also available in Spanish.
- What should you consider when evaluating different solutions for electronic signatures?
- 5 reasons why any company should use advanced electronic signatures.
- Simple vs. Advanced E-Signature: Main Aspects of the European Regulation.